Modeling and Simulation Hub
The Modeling and Simulation Hub within the SERIIUS Web Gateway will provide the following:
- An expansion of the Purdue-based Network for Photovoltaic Technology (NPT).
- NPT, as an industry-funded consortium established as part of the Semiconductor Industry Association's Energy Research Initiative, provides a unique and sophisticated venue for collaborative research on photovoltaic (PV) technology. This web-based system enables understanding gained in research through embedded end-to-end modeling capabilities that include process, device, characterization, reliability, and systems.
- NPT connects these islands of technology for a unified foundation for discussion, collaboration, dissemination and technology development and understanding.
- With SERIIUS, the PV aspects of this research site will be expanded to include modeling and topics for concentrating solar power (CSP) interests.
- NPT also provides the global forum for industry-university-research organization dialog and a potential industry-relevant experience for students.
- A unique science gateway, nanoHUB.
- The Network for Computational Nanotechnology (NCN), at Purdue University, created, deployed, and operates the nanoHUB. This gateway provides services for collaboration, disseminates unique educational resources, and delivers online services for simulation and visualization.